Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"

From: Matt S Trout
Subject: Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"
Date: 03:32 on 27 Jul 2005
On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 10:07:12PM -0400, John Siracusa wrote:

> <snip: description of the evolution of a plugin api>
>
> This leaves Joe Blow who just want to write a simple plug-in to get his job
> done safely in the world of his well-specified, scope-limited delegation
> interface, while still providing a fun and productive playground for the
> hardcore developers to take the code in interesting new directions, or
> pervert it for their own purposes, etc.

Thankyou for outlining in beautiful detail exactly what I'm intending to do.

Right now, it's *a research project*. It's probably going to get re-written
almost entirely at least once because I decide I hate part of the design.

I'm finally (probably) happy enough with BAST to release it to CPAN once I've
sorted out the base libraries and documentation, and it's been re-written
pretty much from scratch four times so far.

Adding even a simple public delegation interface at this point would be
a waste of time. Releasing DBIx::Class to CPAN without any such interface
would probably be a really bad idea. So sometime between now and then, I'll
get round to writing one.

        --
             Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk

(message missing)

Delegation vs Hooks (was: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out")
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 23:27 on 26 Jul 2005

Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"
Matt S Trout 03:32 on 27 Jul 2005