Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"

From: Adrian Howard
Subject: Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"
Date: 14:41 on 27 Jul 2005
On 27 Jul 2005, at 14:44, Matt S Trout wrote:
[snip]
> I know MI is unnecessarily hairy if you only want to extend
> something simple.
>
> But in the early stages of dev, I always refactor constantly and
> heavily, and
> often throw away whole chunks of code and API because it's much
> better to do
> that *now* than after a release.
[snip]

Actually, that's an interesting point. I do get MI during
refactoring. If I find a class with multiple responsibilities I split
them  off into separate parent classes and use MI to aggregate them.

Of course the next step is usually to push them a little bit further
into stand along classes and delegate :-)

Adrian

(message missing)

Delegation vs Hooks (was: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out")
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 23:27 on 26 Jul 2005

Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"
Adrian Howard 14:41 on 27 Jul 2005