Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"

From: Michael G Schwern
Subject: Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"
Date: 18:05 on 26 Jul 2005
On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 06:15:08PM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> The reason plugin APIs bloat is because people want to be able to overload
> more stuff than the original API author expected. I'm not sure what people
> will want to overload from the front-end yet, so rather than guessing I'm
> trying to make it easy for them to add single-purpose plugin APIs themselves
> in a reasonably clean fashion.

One of the simplest ways to resolve this issue is to implement your own
code in terms of an API.  Thus you become your own customer and there's no
need to guess.  By eating your own dog food you produce a very robust,
flexible API this way.

An example of this will be when I get around to reworking Test::Harness into
a formatter object.  Test::Harness itself becomes a formatter object passed
into the parser object (Test::Harness::Straps).  This should shape all the
important functionality of the formatter API.

        --
        Michael G Schwern     schwern@xxxxx.xxx     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.

(message missing)

Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"
Michael G Schwern 18:05 on 26 Jul 2005

Delegation vs Hooks (was: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out")
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 23:27 on 26 Jul 2005