Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"

From: Brad Bowman
Subject: Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"
Date: 00:49 on 26 Jul 2005

> You're missing the point about what's wrong with mulitple inheritance.

Great stuff!

> But there's the static nature of using MI to gain behavior rather than
> delegation.  Given the discussion about plug-ins this bears mentioning.

The inheritence of Ima::DBI is another example.  People have had
difficulty with multiple handles and mod_perl, yet since it's
statically inherited behaviour there is nowhere to cleanly override it.

And that's not even a multiple inherience issue.

Brad

        --
         By inconsistency and frivolity we stray from the Way and show ourselves
 to be beginners. In this we do much harm.

(message missing)

Re: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out"
Brad Bowman 00:49 on 26 Jul 2005

Delegation vs Hooks (was: Annouce: DBIx::Class, a.k.a "taking the easy way out")
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 23:27 on 26 Jul 2005